Saturday, March 3, 2007

Finally

they were gorgeous when i first got them over a year and a half ago. but a couple of weeks ago i took a good hard look at my favorite pair of sexy black snakeskin pumps and admitted the following things to myself:
  1. i wore them everywhere and had really run them into the ground
  2. they made a godawful clacking racket when i walked in them
  3. i had had them repaired once too often
  4. they were so loose on me, i found myself slipping out of them while walking
  5. there was a hole in the toe of one sole
  6. the tips of the toes could be... well... blacker
  7. walking in them had started to make my legs hurt
ergo, they had to go. boo hoo. i realize that it's really sad to have felt as sad as i did at the thought of retiring an old pair of shoes. ah, well. so, out with the old, and in with the new...

out with the snakeskin and in with the patent leather!

aren't they pretty? *squeals*

i got them at takashimaya yesterday afternoon with marlon's yearly bounty of shopping vouchers (he's awarded them at work for exceptional nerdiness). i've gotten some fabulous things from these annual voucher jaunts -- like some really good shoes, makeup, wacoal lingerie that would cost me an arm and a leg back home, and my first chanel.

oh and yes, i'm spending the weekend with marlon in singapore. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment