Monday, August 20, 2007

Waiting and beginning

i have a singapore trip coming up this weekend, and i'm looking forward to it. come to think of it, i always look forward to my singapore trips. and i always, always have a great time when i'm there. (must be the company.)

so, remind me again why i was dreading moving there? ;-) i look back on the magnitude of my dread, and say to myself, gawd that was so absurd.

==

fun stuff planned for this weekend:

womad. how can you not have fun at one of the biggest world music festivals in asia? i love, love, love world music. (my itunes player in the office is permanently set to "odd stuff in another language".) after three successive years of rapturous stories from marlon, i finally get to see/hear/dance on the grass/be rapturous myself. must bring lots of pocket money for cds.

my first pair of melissas. shoes? cute? rain-proof? durable? sold in singapore for half the price that they are here? count me in! now help, which two should i get?

the gray neon?

the purple ultragirl?

the white scarfun? (also comes in beige, peach, mint and black --- ahh hell knowing me i'll get a pair in black. black shoes are my weakness) or the red lace glam? decisions decisions!

wakeboarding. marlon wants to take me wakeboarding in this man-made lake. ohhh...kayyyy. pwede rin. this activity promises much entertainment as i attempt to stay upright. may burn calories as well.

apartment-hunting. yes, i'm about to become a grown-up very soon. marlon and i hope to check out at least two likely prospects. the criteria: must be within budget, with two bedrooms (one for us and one for my shoes our art materials junk guests) and near an mrt stop.

and ...

okay the real criteria: must have a fantabulous pool (to inspire exercise) and big windows. non-tiled living room and owner willing to let us paint the walls a huge plus.

boyf time. all of the above! yay! oh plus we're doing wedding stuff too, like deciding on the wording of our invitations and the flow of the reception program.

==

this weekend promises to be fun, like all the others i've spent in singapore. but something will be different this weekend too.

because aside from my little red wheelie bag (oo, yung galing global sources), i will be carrying with me little pieces of my life: a box of scrapbooks, sketch pads, albums and books. these i will leave in a corner of marlon's apartment until january, when they -- and i -- will settle into a corner that is truly ours, in our new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment