Thursday, June 29, 2006

Decompress

artwork by our venerable tatang

if my office was a person, this post would probably be the equivalent of me looking deep into his eyes and letting out a lovesick, contented, delirious sigh. have i already mentioned that i love my workplace?

starry-eyed muni-muni aside, this looks like fun. i haven't drawn in ages -- the last time i seriously put pen to paper was doing the collage for kooky's (still unreleased) book, and that doesn't really count as drawing.

i used to draw and paint a whole lot when i was younger; then i hit puberty, lost the ability to focus, and started getting impatient. if i couldn't finish it in ten minutes, then i wasn't going to finish it, period. i took a once-a-week, three-hour-long art elective in college, where i was forced to take time with my work. the fruits of my labor were not bad at all, if i may say so myself, and i took to keeping a visual journal.

ironically, now that i work with a very visual medium, i've fallen out of touch with that part of me. although ideas are demanded of me on a daily basis, five-, fifteen-, and thirty-second bursts of words have become my way of putting those ideas across. sometimes i worry that i'm getting spoiled by having a creative juggernaut of a partner who creates visuals to match my words.

i can imagine that this coming wednesday will be extremely hectic (what with me flying off to palawan the next day!!!!), but this looks like something i should make time for. katuwaan lang naman, diba?. at may tsitsirya pa!

No comments:

Post a Comment