Saturday, August 26, 2006

Oh, joy

instead of going boxing today (the trainers were busy with an inter-gym boxing tournament), i did some "maintenance" on myself.

first, a haircut at profiles on katipunan, where i was reminded how much i love my salon and my stylist, jenny. i like the color job azta did on me, but sheila, nice as she was, totally botched up my bangs. i managed to do a bit of repair work on them, but i swore then that nobody but jenny would cut them ever again. i love her, plus she's cheap too. and i tipped the shampoo guy extra to give me a nice long scalp massage with their minty creme rinse. mmmm.

then, off to mama rosa's for the long put-off double tooth extraction. it actually wasn't painful or uncomfortable, but it was rather terrifying.

maybe it was the needle being poked into my mouth in three different places (for anesthesia), or the screwdriver-like tool my dentist used to loosen the offending teeth, or the pliers she used to finally rip them from my gums. not to mention the fact that all these implements of torture seem to scale up to horrendous proportions as they approach your mouth. or maybe it was the loud wrenching sound my teeth made, which seemed horribly deafening. maybe it was because said sound was amplified by bouncing off the walls of my oral cavity.
mama rosa (tugging with pliers): grabe ha, ang tigas ng buto mo.
me: rrrrffff aaaaaaa uhhh ngggggggd iinggg? (is that a good thing? -- because with all the tugging she was doing, i almost wished i still had milk teeth.)
at any rate, it's over, i have two giant (or so it seems) holes in my mouth, and am now two small, ivory-colored steps to catching up to the rest of you evolved homo sapiens. and i have to spend the rest of the evening eating very soft food with an ice pack pressed to my cheek. sana pumayat ako.
me (to mama rosa, who is applying some kind of tool to my displaced tooth): patingin nga.
mama rosa: teka lang ha. aalisin ko muna yung mga nakadikit na bits of your gums.
eeurrrghhh. two down, two to go.

since i can't eat any real food at the moment, i shall enjoy a food meme instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment