Friday, February 16, 2007

Aray!

this afternoon i discovered why i put off waxing my upper lip for a quarter of a century.

because it HURTS, dammit.

it is almost probably certain that i will never have it done in the places that really count. ever. i actually cried, i'm such a wuss. but now that i've opened the door to a lifetime of upper lip maintenance, i figure i'll just pre-pop a painkiller next time.

masyado yatang naaliw sa akin yung waxer. she not only waxed my upper lip, but also threaded away the strays. and then she went to work on my brows, free of charge. that threading is something else ha. i didn't know whether to slap her hand away or just be thankful that she threw in the threading for free.

the waxing-threading lady kept giggling at me. before she dusted off my brow area with a piece of tissue, she tore it in half so that i would have something to wipe away my tears with. "eto o," she quipped. "hati tayo."

hmpf. i knew i should have had the wax done before the hair treatment, back rub and pedicure. that series of rips and smarts sure did burst my blissful massage bubble.

ang hirap naman maging balbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment