Friday, February 9, 2007

Unrecognizable

what in the world has happened to my life?

in five days, without lifting a finger or asking anyone for anything, i've received one full-time job offer, two business opportunity offers, one freelance editing gig, and a writing assignment.

only the writing assignment is from someone i haven't only talked to once in my whole life. the most recent of the business offers (just about ten minutes ago) is from a woman i've never spoken to, but knew by face. we bumped into each other this morning on the mrt, ended up chatting and she got my number.

at hindi ko man lang pinuhunan ng laway 'tong mga 'to!!!! susme!!!

i'm doing three things for the first time in the next three weeks: yoga class with raech tomorrow, surfing with my sister next weekend, and attending my first flamenco class on the 28th.

another first, albeit a jarring and slightly surreal one: the first ever hate mail of my life is on the way. but at least he warned me about it. thank God for small blessings. but man. i've never gotten hate mail!

our neighbor told my mom last tuesday that i made her day by just smiling at her.

my mom is happier than i've seen her in a long time. she keeps thanking me for it. what the...?

and...

the ultimate proof that my world has tumbled headfirst into a blender...

i wore a sleeveless top today. (haha akala n'yo kung ano, no?) my sister and my mom dressed me up this morning for jonel's chinese new year party and they were amazed that i actually looked... good. in a sleeveless top that belongs to my sister.

okay i wore it for about an hour. before leaving the house, i changed out of it at the last minute, haha. i ended up wearing one of my favorite tops, one i wore in my high school grad photo. it felt kind of... more me. or more like the old me.

so maybe i'm not quite ready to be unrecognizable yet.

but has life ever waited until we were ready?

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment