Monday, October 5, 2009

Moving on

it is hard to move on, isn't it?

i feel like i should be blogging about the events of last week. not just the storm and all the discontent it stirred up in me and many of our countrymen, but also unbelievably sad and infuriating events that happened to my nearest and dearest.

but i just realized that being able to leave these events in the past is actually a huge blessing! and so is the safety and closeness of my family. we are fortunate in so many ways.

i also realized i had been feeling guilty for being to continue with "normal" life here in singapore despite the widespread tragedy back home. but the life i have here is a blessing too -- although if you had looked at me all twisted up with worry last week, you'd never have guessed.

so i begin to embrace normal life again, and remind myself that i'm not a bad person, or heartless or useless, for being where i am, having what i have, and being comfortable.

(yes, i know. i can be hard on myself for absolutely no reason.)

so it's back to regular programming for me. and that's a blessing. it is in my prayers tonight, and for the nights to come, that all those who most need this blessing receive it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment