Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Rare! A Personal Story



I've mentioned it before, but, it's getting real.  Lee and I are moving to Indianapolis. We are packing (well, people we paid are doing most of it) this week and heading out Monday morning. I have LOVED Utah. If you haven't been here, you must come. It's beautiful.
(Sunset pic view from our apartment) 
A few things have made these 3 years better than I could've imagined:
I discovered my true passion. My job gave me an opportunity I will always be grateful for and hope that I can continue to make my colleagues/co-workers/self proud.
A smart, gorgeous woman who mentored me and encouraged me when I felt anything but encouragement. (self-imposed discouragement, I'm sure) It's easy to doubt yourself in this industry and being able to meet someone who is so admirable has helped me see that you can have it all-
and it's never too late to get what you want.
Oh, and be a great person, which she also does so well.
No, she's not Oprah, but, close.
She passed on a tradition to me this morning and I've been teary eyed for the past hour. 
Lee and I made good friends. People we know we will still talk to in a few years.
Spending the last 3 years with Lee traveling, living and loving him more each day. Sigh.
Utah is a special place for us. I cried in the elevator of my apartment building the morning after our wedding devasted to move clear across the country. Now, 3 years later, I'm going to cry all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment