Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Fasyon + warmth = impossible?

haaaaay. wish ko lang talaga na ganito ako ka-fasyon on tour. but i have this creeping suspicion that only people born and bred in cold climes can look this fabulous and still stay warm. woe to poor tropical me.

woe to poor denim-loving me, too. our super-fasyon vp and i had a quick chat in the elevator about my trip. she used to work for a prestige beauty brand, so she used to go to europe a lot, particularly paris. her mini-bombshell of advice before stepping out of the elevator: "oh, and don't wear blue jeans. they don't like it." gaaah. how can i not wear blue jeans and still stay warm?

i've been staying up till 2am every day for the past few days doing my packing in little chunks. clothes and makeup today, shoes and bags tomorrow, that sort of thing.

whenever i feel like just tossing random things into my suitcase, i call up images of the way i looked in my 2000 and 2001 european trips -- thinness squandered on katulong- and dyke-ish shapeless outfits *shudder* -- and the horror and shame spur me to be more conscientious. i want to try on all my clothes before i actually go, but i don't know if i'll still have the time or energy. i might have to look at actual photos of myself in 2000 and 2001 to find the resolve.

the photo of the fabulous outfit, by the way, is from hel looks, a site dedicated to street fashion in helsinki and one of my favorite sites. visiting this site is like going to an ukay-ukay -- you have to wade through a lot of crappy, so-so and sometimes thoroughly bizarre outfits to find real gems. the idiosyncratic english soundbytes ("my style idols are marilyn monroe and all smiling people") are also a blast to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment