Sunday, September 23, 2007

This was NEVER gonna happen


zambales. august. midnight till about two-thirty, three in the a.m. a couple of beers, a bottle of ginebra, and two bottles of a mountain dew-alike called sparkle. one glass, shared in turns. (ika nga ng mga tao sa opisina, parang naka-lips to lips ko na siya. at guilt-free pa!) peanuts, i think, and some leftover chicken wings. porch steps. the ocean to my left. the most unexpected, amazing, fun, surreal conversation ever. ("magkaka-despedida ka ba? imbitahan mo naman ako.") a goodbye that someone in the office, when i told them about it, described as "lingering."

a new friend -- one who would pass by me the next day and stop me for no reason at all except point to both our shirts, and point out: "terno tayo!" one who would pull up a chair opposite me during a lull in the workday, and share a bar of dark chocolate with me.

my all-time work crush for two years (!!!) and me.

definitely a first, and maybe-hopefully-not an only.

i love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment