Friday, November 5, 2010

Going Dutch

I am happy and tipsy and the company of old friends.

We are drinking and celebrating and one of the things we are drinking to and celebrating is a brand new start for the new year... when Marlon and I move to Amsterdam.

We broke out the bubbly and reminisced about the days when we college buddies would drink together at one in the afternoon, and it seems so much like those times now except we can afford better alcohol, there are no parents to hide from, we don't have to sober up and run to class, I'm married to one of those college buddies and the house we're drinking in is my own.

In the background stands the pieces that make up a home that Marlon and I made and loved and that we will leave in two months' time. People are coming to take away those pieces one by one (we have takers for the bookshelves, the couch and the floor lamp) and all I feel is gratitude and excitement.

 Life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment