Sunday, November 21, 2010

Spoiled Yogi's Holiday Gift Guide

What do you get for the yoga student who has everything? It might seem impossible to get your loved one something you know he'll love if you know he already has the mat and all the fixin's (that means props, clothes, etc.). Here are a few fabulous presents for the yoga student who only seeks presence. (Get it!? I know, I'm hilarious, right?)

1. Infinity Scarf. Perhaps your yoga-obsessed friend already has two dresser drawers so full of yoga clothes that she can barely shut them. (Not that I know anyone like that...) She could probably still use a few things to help her stay warm and stylish to and from class. My favorite accessory of the season? The infinity scarf! It gives you the look of a trendy cowl neck sweater but with a lot more diversity! They're warm. They're cozy. And they can double as an eye covering during Savasana! I like this one.

2. Namaspray. Most yoga students have their own yoga mat for sanitation reasons--communal mats have been known to spread unpleasant things like Athlete's Foot and plantar warts. Personally, I'm not that excited about smushing my Third Eye into my own funk either, which is why I love the mat cleaner Namaspray. It disinfects, smells great, and it's the perfect size for a stocking stuffer.

3. Meditation Mala. This is my newest obsession. A mala is stylish as well as functional. I love my Tiny Devotions mala because you can pick your stone based on a virtue you want to cultivate (ie. balance, communication, love)

4.  Local Yoga Studio Gift Card. This might be the best gift you could possibly give a yoga student. And it's SO easy. Just find out where she practices, give them a call, and you're done! A month of unlimited yoga is pretty much the holy grail of yoga gifts if you really want to impress. Otherwise, just pay for a couple of classes and you'll be golden.

5. Online Subscription. What if your yogi is so remote there are no studios close to them? There are a ton of online yoga video instruction subscriptions that will give him the feeling of being in a class from the comfort of his own home! I like YogaGlo, Yoga Vibes, and iHanuman.

What's on your wish list this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment