Monday, April 25, 2011

Princess Pose: A Royal Affair!

I am perhaps the girliest of girly girls. I like pink, tutus, and tiaras. I have been known to wear high heels to the grocery store. I doodle flowers, rainbows, unicorns, and Care Bears in the margins of my notebooks. And I have been looking forward to Prince Williams wedding since I was 14 years old. Of course, at the time, I had envisioned it going down a little differently... For one, I was going to be there.. in a tiara.. You know, Princess Diaries style (I was recently told I look like Anne Hathaway, after all.)



Anyway, it recently dawned on me that I will never be crowned the princess of Wales. I will never be Miss America. I will not be a ballerina, Olympic ice skater, or even homecoming queen. My childhood ambitions are slipping away before my very eyes. (Sigh.)

But I can still be a yoga goddess!

Image: Womenfitness.net

There are plenty of poses that make me feel like a princess.  I feel pampered every time I get on my mat because I'm doing something that's just for me. But no pose makes me feel more princess-y than Supta Baddha Konasana. When I'm propped up on blankets and bolsters, I even feel like I'm sitting on a throne. There better not be a pea under those blankets....

Image by Flickr User: roxanneparker
What pose makes you feel like a princess?

No comments:

Post a Comment