Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fancy Pants

There are lots of great new clothing lines for Fall this year, but on my most coveted list are two pair of pants that I think are incredibly innovative.

I'm really impressed with Lululemon's new Acro Crop. It's such a great idea to put a little sticky silicon paint on the pant legs to give you some extra traction in arm balances and balance poses like Vrksasana (Tree Pose) that is, if you practice with the lifted foot below the knee, anyway! Admittedly, I haven't seen these in person, but from what I can tell they're pretty neat. That said... I have one major concern about these nifty pants: If you manage to get your leg behind your head while you're wearing these, will you be more likely to get stuck?


I'm also really into the Knee Pad Yoga Capri by Fila. Sometimes my knees get sore from those Pigeon Pose variations and Camel Pose. My solution has always been to fold the edge of my mat over to give me some extra padding... I think it's genius that someone decided to put discreet pads in yoga pants so the padding is built in! I haven't seen these in person yet, either, so I can't tell if they look totally dorky or not.. but the pictures look sleek.


Have any of you tried either of these pants? Did you love them? I'd love to hear your reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment