Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Burning questions

should we get a cat?

one of the things i'm looking forward to most about the move is leaving five dogs behind. don't get me wrong, they're great, but i really just want to have a cat after all these years of dogdom.

i love cats. i'm a cat person through and through. i talk to them on the street in the special cuddly voice i reserve for shoes, dark chocolate and marlon. the stray cat in our compound just gave birth to kittens and i positively melt every morning as i pass them on my way out of the house.

this is what i did in the alhambra -- take pictures of all the cats


marlon is surprisingly (adorably) game. he's a dog person, but he says knows i'd be happier with a cat than he would be with a dog that has to be small enough for condo living. (personally, i think he's waiting for us to get a bigger space so he can get his dream st. bernard.) he even interrogated an officemate who has two cats of her own in singapore to see how we could work it out.

so what's stopping me is: can the perpetually out and about, workaholic, wanderlusting couple that we are really take tender loving care of a living creature at this point in time? can we risk the damage to our landlord's immaculate, newly laid wood parquet floors? are we ready to resign the fate of one of our first articles of furniture (a custom-made acacia daybed) to that of a scratching post?

does my impending cohabitation with marlon necessitate cuter pambahay?

i've seen marlon in his pambahay, but he hasn't seen me in mine. mostly it's really big t-shirts with no shorts (i live in a house full of women so this is okay). somehow i can't picture me being young wife-ish, chopping onions in the kitchen or whatever, in this getup.

so i'm thinking shorts and tank tops, or tank tops and pajamas, or smallish t-shirts and shorts... articles of clothing that are in short supply in my closet. (my glee club friends had to give me my first pair of adult-sized pajamas after one too many sleepovers where my giant t-shirts rode up in my sleep and revealed my underwear to them.)

it's strange, but i actually want to be presentable at home. is that weird?

when will trillanes grow up?

he's a senator now, for chrissake. he can't run around doing things like this anymore. what a creep.

No comments:

Post a Comment