Thursday, November 1, 2007

Something new

first, jenny raved about the class.

second, she told me about the schedule.

then, she showed me this video of the teacher. (excuse the cheesy filter/color effects, i have no idea why they shot it this way.)



i actually didn't want to tell marlon about it. "why not?" he asked.

"baka kasi umasa ka, eh," i replied.

but what the hell. last wednesday, just about two hours after a particularly grueling session at the boxing gym, i went to try it for the very first time.

poledancing.

yes. me.

and...

it was fun!

i mean, never mind that all of the girls in the class are what i am not... which is extremely skinny and able to shimmy all the way up/dangle upside down from/use nothing but thigh power to hang horizontally from a 10-foot metal pole. i'm definitely coming back for more.

as i grunted and sweated to lift my legs off the floor from a bridge position, pole between my legs ("diyos ko! pinagpapawisan na ito!" murmured ed as he held up my butt), i really got how my utterly unworkable physique was the result of so many broken promises to myself. you know, those promises to exercise so many hours per week, to stay off sweets, to eat brown rice, to not attack buffet tables? i swear! they couldn't have been more real if they were in the form of lead weights attached to my ass.

strangely (and happily), i wasn't discouraged. i may have almost burst a major artery lifting myself up half a foot off the floor, but it doesn't mean it can't be done! so i promised jenny (who's quite the star of her class, i must say!) i would come back for at least two more sessions before i would even consider giving it up completely. i'm actually already looking at where to get the money for 10 sessions.

from tugging my shorty shorts down at the beginning of the class, to actually hitching them up by the end of it and prancing around in heels by the end of it, it actually felt great to just do something i had never done, and really push myself to do it. plus, after all the rough and tumble of boxing, it felt great to do something so unabashedly feminine.

and it's not all batting eyelashes and slapping butt, either -- two days later and i can barely move my arms without groaning.

but no matter. looks like i'm going to have a regular appointment with something long, hard and that makes me sweat.

jejeje.

No comments:

Post a Comment