Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I AM A DANDELION. flyflyflyflyfly





This is for civic assignment, what represents me. Some people had really funny objects. The newspaper models. A cow that looks like a pig. A swan that looks like a turtle/stingray.

This is my write-up report thing:

The dandelion get it's name for it's appearance to being akin to that of a lion's teeth. The parachute ball feature is very prominent in the dandelion. Similarly, I have a parachute for safe landing when things go wrong.

The structure of the flower makes it always well watered, which to say that I'm mostly a content person. A dandelion also furnishes considerable quantity of pollen and nectar for the bees while the bees pollinate the flower. In a similar context, I will be nice to whoever who is nice to me. Small insects that crawl up the stem to take it's nectar injures the stem, the bloom hangs down to form a barricade against such invaders. As such, I form barricades against people who try to hurt me. I am afraid of getting hurt.

No matter how cool the weather a small succesion of bloom is always kept till late autumn. This is helpful for beekeepers as they will not have to supply artifical food. I am always loyal and dependable. At the same time, the blooms are extremely sensitive to weather conditions. It's head will close up at once when rain threatens. Similarly, I am a very sensitive person and will run when trouble threatens.

One of the noticeable features of a dandelion is the 'clock'. Under the sun and wind, the seeds that are covered with tufts of hair becomes a fluffy cotton ball. The cotton ball is easily dispersed by the blow of the wind. A breeze can easily leave the bloom naked. Similarly, I am easily see-through and find it hard to pretend.

It gets carried by the wind, going with the flow, as it disperse. I am a carefree and laidback person with little worries, going with the flow. I dislike responsibilities.


It is also considered a weed for farmers, but it is a blessing for beekeepers. Whether I am good or bad to you, it depends. I am happy to be a dandelion and to have found something that truly represents me.

No comments:

Post a Comment