Thursday, September 30, 2010

Spoiled Yogi Gives Back (And You Can Help!)



It can be difficult to find a way to make a positive difference in the world. For years, I've looked at my yoga practice as something that I can use to make the world a better place. I've always believed that just doing the work and putting positive energy out there could have a ripple effect (see The Pig of Happiness). But, now I want to do more.

I have SO many blessings in my life. And now, I'm looking to spread the love by raising a little money and doing a yogathon event (108 Sun Salutations!).

It's always been hard for me to see children who don't have the support (financial and/or emotional) that they need. Knowing that it what they learn now can set the tone for their entire lives, it seems like such an obvious way to make a lasting impact on a community to help the children who need it. Healthy habits that are developed early follow kids into adulthood. (Unhealthy habits developed early tend to stick around, too.) That's why I feel so strongly about the charities this event supports, Louie's Kids and Yoga Benefits Kids.

Will you help me?

Donate! Give what you can.. No donation is too small! And I'll randomly select one donor to win a special Spoiled Yogi prize pack. Let's help "spoil" some little yogis who need our help! :)

Even if you can't donate, help me spread the word! Share this link (http://bit.ly/9lryTZ) with your online community: Facebook friends, Twitter followers, and blog community.

There's not much time, so the sooner you act the better!

Thanks to all of you, my faithful readers, for reading my thoughts, supporting my practice, and making your own positive impact in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment