Saturday, July 11, 2009

Disclosure

the nice thing about being married and living in another country is that my mom can't suspend my allowance, confiscate my cellphone, or ground me. she never actually did any of that (because i was such a good girl, har har har), but it's nice to be safe from parental freak-outs all the same.

in this week's call to my mother:

me: i got another tattoo.
mom: aaaaaaa!!! another one? ano na bang nangyari sa 'yo? itatawa na kita! pag may nagtanong sa akin, sasabihin ko "hindi po sa akin yan! napulot ko lang!"
me: ...
mom: maganda ba?
me: yeah, maganda. you'll like it, i promise. cute siya. it's a unicorn.
mom: saan? baka pag nakita kita, hindi na kita makilala.
me: sa likod. it's small lang, smaller than my hand. 
mom: kasi yung una, ang laki-laki, ano ba naman yon. pero sa bagay malaki naman ang legs mo. hahaha!
me: ano ba. it's not as big. don't worry.
mom: baka mamaya pati braso mo, meron na rin!
me: wala, no. never. pinipili ko yung mga areas na hindi tumataba.

well, at least she didn't say mukha akong preso. or baka pag nakita ako ng taga-gang, pagkamalan akong taga-rival gang (which is what marlon's dad says about tattoos). 

No comments:

Post a Comment