Saturday, July 25, 2009

Milestone

i lost 5 pounds in the last two weeks!

my goal is to lose at least 10 pounds before my NY trip in august . so happy to be half way there! this is my first time to weigh in since starting my (tedious) diet and exercise regimen.

another milestone for me this week is that i did two one-and-a-half-hour muay thai sessions back to back, on wednesday and thursday evening. marlon and i recently upped our muay thai from twice to thrice weekly. muay thai sessions are really grueling, and i felt the only way i could manage them thrice a week was if i did a short, one-hour session followed by a longer, one-and-a-half hour session the next day. it's great to know that i can take the additional toil! my endurance is improving and my recovery time is getting much, much shorter.

also, robert (the ultra maniacal terminator trainer) told me i had really good form this week and that i was really starting to get the technique. i can really feel my kicks cutting through the bag now, even my left kick which is usually weaker. it is so satisfying to see a dent appearing in the bag, then getting bigger and bigger with each kick!  

i've decided that my reward for getting to the 10-pound mark will be makeup shopping at MAC! and marlon promises shopping jaunts at the 20- and 30-pound marks.

so inspired to carry on. happiness! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment