Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ask Spoiled Yogi

Q: I was wondering if you could give me any suggestions for affordable yoga clothes. I love Lucy and Lululemon, but I cannot pay those prices! In addition, I would like to find something that is created ethically.

 A: This is a great question. It can be hard to find functional, stylish yoga clothes that are reasonably priced. I'd like to think a big reason for this is that yoga clothing companies care about the same things you do--ethical business practices and environmental impact. That is a good thing, of course, but it can also drive up their costs making the clothes out of reach for a lot of people. And that's just not fair.

I have a few tricks, though, that I'm happy to share with you!

Check out Beebliss.com. (Full disclosure: I know the owner.) It has a big selection of cute yoga clothes that are ethically manufactured with sustainable fabrics. Beebliss.com does offer slightly lower prices than competitors on Alo, Hyde, and Beyond Yoga--three of my favorite brands. They also offer sales every now and then. (Get on the email list!)

Zobha is my other go-to brand. I know fair labor is important to the company, and they give back to the community through their work with charities. It is also one of the more expensive brands, but they put items on sale every once in a while, and these are huge markdowns. Lucy and Lululemon have sales like this, too! (It's the only time I buy!) If you have a popular size.. just make sure you're on their email lists and like them on Facebook so you can have first pick.  :)


What do you think? Do any of you have other tips for getting the best bargains on stylish, ethical, sustainable yoga clothes?

If you have a question you'd like me to answer, comment below or email me at SpoiledYogi@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment