Tuesday, December 14, 2010

If I Owned a Yoga Studio ...

... I'd have at least one free class a month. And when I say free, I mean FREE!, not donation-based or almost free. Why? Because people who would have never tried a class will show up. And we all know it only take a couple of classes to get hooked! And I think that would make the world a better place.

... I'd mop the floors between every class. I would not allow entrance to the next class until it is spic and span. I hate walking through puddles of sweat!

... I'd have free tea and lots of cozy couches in the lobby to encourage students to stick around, talk yoga, hang out, and make friends. A yoga studio is only as good as its community.

... Oh! And a library of great yoga reference books that my students could check out!

... I'd host a free monthly yoga book club.

... I'd offer free classes to anyone who is mayor of my studio on Foursquare. It would inspire healthy competition and get all the Foursquare-hooked kids coming back again and again.

... I'd offer free classes to the city's actual mayor, too. Because I think that would make the city a better place.

... I would sell chocolate in the boutique... And cupcakes... And hot chocolate in the winter.

... My teacher training program would have a yoga community service requirement. It would be a double-whammy because the more you teach, the better you get at it. And yoga should be shared with everyone, not just those who can afford it.

I think that's all. If you owned your own yoga studio, what would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment