Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mindful Monday: Yes, I Know It's Tuesday

I was busy yesterday so Mindful Monday is going to happen on Tuesday this week. I hope you don't mind. I stumbled upon this video, which made me laugh because so many of my meditation sessions are like this. It's good to see that I'm not the only one who has such trouble. Anyone else?



Anyway, I've been meditating daily for three weeks now (although, I admit to skipping a day this week)... I'm back on track. Here are a few observations from the last week:

Not Helpful:
  • Caffeine
  • Chewing Gum
  • Dog and/or cat in your lap, licking your hand, or staring at you
  • People outside your window mowing
  • The dog barking at people mowing outside your window
  • Stomach that is too full or too empty

Helpful:
  • Writing a to-do list before you sit.
  • Imagining a happy thought on the inhale (for you) and on the exhale (for the world)
  • 2-3 Sun Salutations first
  • Knowing that I have to blog an update every week.
  • Knowing that my online community supports and encourages me every time I blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment