Monday, September 19, 2011

Let's Talk Some Emmy Fashion

To say I wasn't blown away by really anyone would be an accurate statement. I get that the Emmy's, The Globes and The Oscar's all have their own 'dress code.' 
But, I wasn't really in love with too much last night. 
Jake K wins the silver/grey/shiny category for me with her lame J Mendel gown. She had a baby not too long ago and looks fantastic. You have to have an amazing body to wear that fabric and in that color. Heidi wore Christian Siriano, which, a few other ladies wore last night as well. I actually don't mind it. But, that's the thing, it's just fine. Come on people. You have anything and everything at your fingertips! 

I love an embellished shoulder, so, Lea Michelle's Marchesa frock is beautiful...a little old for her, but, I'd wear it. Nina Dobrev looks gorgeous in Donna Karan...and Vera Wang dressed Sophia Vergara whom looks perfect. Then again, she could wear a lawn chair and look good. Kerry Washington also looks fantastic..but, with red, you can just wear the color and seem like you put some effort into your look. Also in Cristian Siriano is Sarah Hyland from Modern Family. 2nd from left. It's perfect for her. 
PS-Does Kate Winslet wear the same Elie Saab 
dress in a different color to every awards show or is it just me? SNOOZE FEST. 

One of my favorite dresses is Amy Poehler's in Peter Som. I think she is a little out of her comfort zone which I admire. She looks fantastic and the silhouette is chic and gorg.

I think these ladies all look great too. Daring bust-lines and baring midriffs? Don't mind if I do.
I like a little risk so these all work for me. Gwynnie wears Pucci and anyone who wants to show their stomach on a red carpet, go for it. Kristen Wiig's dress would be better in a better color, but I'm not mad at her. 
But I am MAD at...
Katie Holmes. What the h*ll Katie?! I like this Calvin Klein dress, the color, all of it...but not to the Emmy's!! Once again, Katie, if you are letting Suri pick your clothes she is 5. And, she wears those awful hats. You should have your hubby pick your clothes because he is, uh, more inclined to seeing that you look good. If you know what I'm saying. Come on. You are gorgeous. 
Maybe if we all get together we could arrest her? Hopefully she's stoned.

No comments:

Post a Comment