Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hubby's home

... and he comes bearing gifts. 

i couldn't possibly imagine what there was to buy in cincinnati, ohio, but he succeeded. he brought me a deep purple wheelie suitcase that's perfect as a carry-on for the new york trip. we had been stressing out on our close-cut transfers and decided to do away with check-in luggage. it's certified and approved by all US domestic airlines as carry-on baggage, so it's perfect. he also got himself a matching one in black. 

marlon also bought me a bag of reese's peanut butter cups, which are impossible to find here. in keeping with tradition, he bought me a box of godiva truffles, which was his standard pasalubong for me every time he'd visit me in manila. he started buying it for me because i used to tell him how uncle david would bring godiva from brussels for me and my sister when we were younger, and how much i loved it.

the best pasalubong was rolled up and tucked into one of the wheelie's many pockets: a wad of hundred dollar bills that singapore airlines gave him as compensation for bumping him off an overbooked flight, plus a $100 inflight shopping voucher!

poor dear was so out of it. strangely enough, i was too. we spent the remainder of sunday afternoon cuddling on the couch, planning the new york itinerary and just being domestic together. then we went out for window shopping and a surprisingly pricey but comfortingly yummy fondue dinner at cafe swiss in city hall. 

with him back home and my flu all gone, life is back to normal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment