Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Activities That Aren't Yoga, But Sort of Are

Every fall, I go through a phase of winding down and preparing for winter. I begin to incorporate more forward bends into my home yoga practice and take longer Savasanas. But that's just the beginning of it. I find myself naturally gravitating toward the cozier and warmer things in life. And each year, I draw parallels between these things and yoga. There's something about being all warm and cozy that just makes me savor the moment a little more. So even though these things are not exactly yoga, I still feel as though I'm practicing.


1. Making and Eating Soup
Image: FrumpyFoodie.com


2. Baking



3. Knitting


4. Reading a Good Book


5. Jumping in a Big Pile of Leaves! OK, I haven't actually done this one since I was little, but I do enjoy feeling leaves crunch under my feet when I walk... and I remember jumping in a big pile of leaves when I was little. Does that count?
Image: PamperedPuppy.com
What do you do that's not yoga, but reminds you to be present, have fun, and enjoy life just the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment