Thursday, October 21, 2010

Food for thought

Back in college, Food for Thought was that little sandwich shack with two rickety benches, right beside Colayco Hall. It was one of my favorite places to go for a quick lunch or a snack, and I always ordered the same thing: a salami sandwich with a pack of Zesto.

Years later, another Food for Thought has become a favorite of mine—this time, in Singapore. This one is a nice little brunch place on Queen Street, right beside the Singapore Art Museum. It's walking distance from VHQ, where I work on some days, and from Raffles City, where I do yoga.


The location is so perfect and the food is so good that I ended up going there five times in less than two weeks! And the airy, contemporary ambience is not bad either.


I especially love the bottle installation as lighting fixture. That's a total of 540 bottles of Leggo pasta sauce! The owners and staff repacked the pasta sauce and gave it away to charitable organizations for Christmas. This restaurant professes to be all about "good food for a good cause" (as part of the proceeds go to charity) and the lighting is a striking, visually appealing reminder of that.


I took Talbot to brunch with us so I could complete my first photography assignment, which was to shoot a variety of photos from one vantage point. Brunch was the perfect opportunity to park my ass in one place and just click away!


Chai spice-crusted salmon with risotto and mango-ginger chutney. Yummers!


This super cute little girl wandered up to all the tables to say hi. Then she made a beeline for the desserts. 


Nobody beats my brunch date in the cuteness department though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment