Friday, December 18, 2009

Therapy


  • Marlon and his gift guessing game (for Christmas, this time). He all but gave it away to make sure he got something that he would not regret giving me. I'm excited!
  • Downtime chats with office colleagues (with topics such as the best time to shop at Cash Converters for really cheap designer coffee machines).
  • Shopping for gifts (and nicking an item for myself here and there).
  • Irish cream hot chocolate and Jackson Five Christmas carols while wrapping gifts in bright snowman-printed red paper, and gold paper with holiday greetings stamped in flowery script.
  • Gray, rainy weather that seems perfect for Christmas.
  • The prospect of home in a few days.
  • Facebook - no Farmville or Mafia wars for me, but just looking up friends to see what they're up to. Looking at babies and weddings is fun.
  • Very friendly talents who have been fun to work with during wardrobe fittings.
  • Forever 21 opening up a four-story emporium five minutes from the office! I have yet to go shopping for myself, but I've sussed out the goods with some wardrobe shopping for a shoot.
  • Twinkling lights reflecting off red and gold ornaments off the tree.
  • New prospects.
  • Marlon's Christmas bonus!
  • Sleeping late on a Saturday morning after a long work week.
  • Morning hugs from my husband.
  • Rogue's warm bulk curled up in between my feet at night, and her paws on my stomach in the morning
  • Crispy adobo flakes for brunch. Mmmm.
  • Realizing that work, despite its enormity, is not everything -- and that I'm really still very lucky.
  • Realizing that despite the number of people I've heard complaining about how stressful the holidays are -- I'm not one of them, and the holidays are still fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment