Tuesday, May 4, 2010

5 Signs That Yoga Has Taken Over My Life

1. When my alarm went off in the mornings, I used to hit the snooze button and think, "I'll just sleep 8 more minutes." Now I think, "I'll just take 5 deep breaths, and then get up." (I still usually fall back to sleep before I get to the third breath.)

2. I'm always thinking about how I can wear my yoga clothes to the office, and my work clothes on the mat.

3. I used to waste all my time on Facebook, now I spend my computer time reading yoga blogs. (Notice that I don't consider yoga a waste of my time.)

4. Last week, we were having a technical problem at work. I looked my co-worker and without even thinking said, "You know, Mercury is in retrograde." He looked at me like I was crazy and asked what I was talking about. "Never mind," I said. (*Unrelated question.. Do any other planets go into retrograde?)

5. I instinctively put my hands together into Anjali Mudra to express gratitude—something I never did before I started yoga.

How has yoga spilled over into your everyday life?

No comments:

Post a Comment