Friday, May 28, 2010

Off into the Sunset!

Tomorrow we finally leave for Charleston, South Carolina!! I might not have much time to blog because I'll be driving 9 hours a day or so.. but I'll try to take pictures at all the most exciting spots and post them here!

If I could wear pink (the color of a particularly beautiful sunset) from head-to-toe tomorrow, I think I would. As the sun sets on my time as a Californian I am so grateful for all I've learned in the last five years but I can't wait for my new adventure to begin.

Just for fun, here are a few of the things I've learned in California:

1. I learned how to be a yoga teacher. This was one of my biggest goals when I moved here for an internship I thought was going to last for 9 months. :)

2. An appreciation for Mexican food, and a new favorite fruit—the smooth, mushy, marvelous avocado

3. I can now have an intelligent conversation with successful people. I used to get nervous and say dumb things, but now I know people are just people and we're all just doing our best.

4. I can now stand on my head, balance my whole weight on my hands, and defy gravity. That's pretty awesome.

5. Most important of all, I think I've learned how to be more compassionate, more patient, and more understanding. (Anyone who's ever stood in line in one of those Oakland grocery stores on a Sunday knows exactly what I'm talking about!)

No comments:

Post a Comment