Friday, August 20, 2010

Back-to-Studio Shopping: Fall Yoga Fashion Round-Up

The beginning of fall has been my favorite time of year since, oh.. probably about the second grade. It's not just because the leaves will start turning soon, or because it means my birthday is coming up. No, I think I'll always associate this time of year with a new beginning--new notebooks, pencils, organizers, and new school clothes. I distinctly remember the picture my dad took of the 7-year-old me on my first day of second grade. Sure, I was missing some front teeth, but I looked SO COOL in my new outfit: a white shirt with a teddy bear wearing sunglasses on the front and red shorts.

Alas, I am no longer in school, so back-to-school shopping is a distant memory. That doesn't mean I can't still approach this time of year as a new beginning!

I guess yoga clothing companies feel the same way, because many of them came out with their new fall collections this week. With yoga classes in session all year round, going back-to-school shopping might not be necessary, but if you're in the market for new duds, it sure can be fun! Here are a few of the highlights.

Lululemon. Lulu is marketing their new "art hoodie" series, which as far as I can tell is just the black and grey remix hoodie with either a butterfly, rose, or the word "love" printed on it. It's cool, but I wish they had more colors. The art hoodies are $98 and available only online at lululemon.com.


Zobha. Zobha (Zobha.com) has great new colors, prints, and layering pieces perfect for autumn. Zobha always offers sleek, sophisticated designs and the new collection is no exception. I love the dresses (I just ordered one at half-price!) and chic jackets. I adore the Moroccan Blue color! Unfortunately, with the new collection, Zobha also introduced a higher price on signature tanks--$62! Ouch! I guess I'll have to wait for the next clearance.


 Be Present. It looks like Be Present has a new fabric! I haven't tried it (or seen it in person), but from the pictures the new Performance Renew Intention Pant and Performance Renew Lounge Pant looks like quite a departure from the signature "Breathe Weave" fabric Be Present uses for most of its other pants. The new pants look stretchier and more fitted.  The pants are currently available on the website, BePresent.com. I like the new look, and for $63 it's worth a try if you're in the market for a new pair of yoga pants. I also LOVE the Renew Circle Scarf ($29)--what a great, affordable piece to punch up your yoga wardrobe for Fall!


Alo (Air. Land. Ocean.). I think I'm in love with the look of Alo's new Origami Tank in deep purple ($49). I also have to give kudos to Alo for stepping up their social networking game with a new blog, Twitter, and Facebook pages. All of this means better communication and better customer service! Check out the new video of the their Fall Holiday 2010 photoshoot at alosport.com.


 
Lucy. In the spirit of back-to-school shopping, I had to share with you my favorite item from Lucy Activewear! If you always wanted to be a cheerleader, but never got the opportunity Lucy's Long Precision Hoodie ($138) is for you! With its cute, pleated skirt, it reminds me of a grown up, slightly more sophisticated, version of a cheerleader uniform. Lucy.com

Will you be going back-to-studio shopping this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment