Sunday, August 15, 2010

One for the dogs

I spent twelve hours, from 10 in the morning to 10 at night, on a perfectly lovely Saturday locked inside an edit suite. I haven't had to work on a Saturday in nearly 6 months, and I've never had to stay so late at work during the entire time I've worked here in Singapore.

I guess you could say my weekend had gone to the dogs.

Luckily, this charming little fella was around to keep me company!

Milo is the darling mascot of the production house I was working with. He spent most of the afternoon snuggled up by my side on the client couch. I was tempted to comment on how catlike he was, but then I realized that it's the other way around and that I have a very doglike cat. 

When I took on this freelance job, an ex-colleague of mine remarked: "You always get to a point when you feel miserable and hate everything and wonder why you even bothered to say yes. Then you'll remember the money. And just suck it up and keep going." So true!

No comments:

Post a Comment