Monday, February 1, 2010

First impressions

It's a very short walk from the bus stop to the office. I think I'll stick this route: free shuttle from condo to MRT station, MRT to the hubby's office, bus from the hubby's office to mine. With the number of transfers it almost feels like a Manila commute. Travel time: nearly an hour and a half.

Our neighbor, the International Academy of Film and TV (still empty as yet) has what I'd say is a 100-inch plasma TV mounted on the wall. That there is the biggest TV I've ever seen.

Stickers on the frosted glass telling everyone what we do. This is probably to distinguish us from a bank, which is what I think of when I see these half-frosted, half-clear all glass facades.

Well, at least the London bosses finally get the fancy reception area they've been insisting on for donkey's years.

Whoa. The floors are shiny.

Whoa. It's bright. Really bright. The light! It burns!

Wow. James really looks like a creative director now. Too bad he's leaving. These offices make people look more important. 

Wow. All the awkward, oddly-sized pillars scattered around in random places are gone. Or at least, have been well hidden. Good work!

Very nice wavy perforated steel like thingy in the meeting room. And we now have a very big TV. Nowhere near the IAFTV Jumbotron, but respectably big.

The edit and audio suites are nice. They look suitably maze-like, like all post facilities must be required to look. I like the grey walls. 

Brrr. It's freezing in here.

Where is my coffee mug? Where is the coffee? General confusion.

Where is _________? Did he get lost or show up at the old office? It's nearly lunch time.

Damnit, there he is. And I have a clear view of him from my new desk. Must adjust this monitor -- ah, there. Perfect. It's almost as if he doesn't exist. Until he starts talking.

-----

More on the new office (with pictures!) when I get back from KL!

No comments:

Post a Comment