Friday, February 12, 2010

Jakpat

Inspired by J's wishful thinking, I have decided to fritter away my last afternoon at work before the long weekend deciding how I would spend the Philippine Super Lotto jackpot of Php 200 million. Yes, I know some lucky bastard already won it but it's still fun to dream.

  1. Buy back my childhood home on Hydra Street in Bel-Air 3 and give it a makeover
  2. Barring that, I would buy this old house and give it a makeover. The lot is huge so I would build a detached unit for my mom
  3. Buy beach property or property in Tagaytay, and build a small beach house, resort or cafe 
  4. Spend at least Php 1 million on art. I'd be happy with an Arturo Luz, a Bencab, and a Geraldine Javier.
  5. Buy a car each for me and Marlon. My tastes are simple, I'd want something cute like a Honda Jazz or Mini Cooper. I would love to have a sporty BMW, but flashy cars in Manila are buwaya magnets
  6. Clean out my sister's credit card bill (if she hasn't already by now!)
  7. Give my mom a huge balato to spend as she pleases
  8. Hit Bottega Veneta, Chanel, Miu Miu and YSL. Or basta, go shopping.
  9. Plunk a sizeable amount into insurance and mutual funds
  10. Convince Marlon to take his overdue sabbatical from work and gallivant around Europe for at least a month
  11. Make a generous donation to the Ateneo Scholars Fund. I was a scholar and know how much difference the money can make :)
But since some lukcy bastard already won the jackpot -- err, jakpat -- I will simply have to content myself with a week of cheap eats, shopping and mani-pedis in Cebu, as well as bumming on the beaches of Bohol... because that is precisely what I'll be doing starting tomorrow!

A note on the title of this post: this word always reminds me of a semi-hot conyotic-looking guy in one of my classes back in college, whom everyone was crushing on. It was freshman year and nobody really knew each other yet so parang cool and mysterious pa siya.

Anyway, one afternoon in class, a spontaneous pocket of silence opened up for a split second, just enough to let the whole class hear him crow, "Pare, JAKPAT!"  

Ngek. Tinginan ang mga elitistang Atenista. Hindi na siya cute pagkatapos nun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment