Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy thoughts

I'm in need of more happy thoughts today. A huge opportunity I had been waiting to be confirmed for more than a month now has been confirmed.

I have been praying for it for a while now, and even lit a candle for it at the Santo Nino cathedral in Cebu (ergo photo on the left). So I guess I got my answer...

And the answer is no. I'm not getting it.

It was a writing job for three to four months in Athens (ATHENS!!!!) and despite being the top choice for the job. My well-placed source (I have eyes everywhere) told me the company basically loved me. And it was a writing job I could not only do with minimal stress, but one that I was actually looking forward to after all the production work.

Basically it all boiled down to our wonderful Philippine passport -- the visa was the only thing stopping me from starting within 10 days like they wanted me to.

It sucks. It's almost enough to make me consider Singaporean citizenship just for the mobility. Or maybe a Spanish citizenship, since apparently it only takes two years of residency for us Pinoys (and other former colonies screwed by the teenaged, sowing-its-wild-oats Spain) vs ten years for everyone else.

It's not that I'm lacking good options here. I have a job waiting for me after I leave the company --

AY. I RESIGNED PALA. I TENDERED LAST MONDAY. MY LAST DAY AT WORK WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE BEEN APRIL FOOL'S DAY, BUT OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF MY HEART I EXTENDED IT TO APRIL 9TH.

-- anyway where was I?

Yes, I have good things waiting in the wings.

I can take most of April and maybe a little of May off to bum around, finally clean the walk-in closet, and work on my tan. My former muay thai trainer and Pinay gym-mate are fighting in Bangkok in April, and watching them shed blood sounds exciting, so I might go. Marlon is planning a work trip to the States in May, and I'm looking forward to flying to LAX with him then going off to San Fo to eat Chris and JD out of house and home see Chris and JD while he is off working in Cincinnati. I could also make the trip to Cinci, since Loi and Mimoy are a bus ride away once I get there.

Those are happy enough thoughts no?

No comments:

Post a Comment