Thursday, March 25, 2010

Yoga Everywhere, and I Mean EVERYwhere!

I had been feeling pretty bad about my lack of practice when I was getting ready for work one morning. I went to the bathroom to dry my hair as I do every morning, bent over, flipped my hair over my head (it gives it extra volume) and I had an epiphany. I may not unroll my yoga mat every morning, but I at least do Uttanasna (Standing Forward Bend) each and every day.

So I started thinking about other ways I practice yoga poses everyday. With a little extra mindfulness these could be cues to remind me to live my yoga all day long!

Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend) I practice every morning when I blow dry my hair.

Utkatasana (Chair Pose) Every time I use a public restroom, I practice this one. (You never know what kind of germs lurk on those seats!) Recently, I've been adding a twist to each side before I go back to the office. How's that for yoga in the workplace?

Tadasana (Mountain Pose) I practice this one any time I'm standing in line at the grocery store (duh!). But lately, I've been focusing on shins in thighs out, thank you very much Anusara friends... it makes me feel strong!

Pranayama (Conscious Breathing) I break this one out every day at about 3 p.m. every weekday when I have a sugar crash. Like clockwork my eyes glaze over, my mouth opens and I let several big yawns.

Savasana (Corpse Pose) I'm really good at this one. I practice it for like 8 hours every night.

Where do you practice without realizing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment