Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lost (The Yoga Version, not the TV Show)

When I enrolled in a 200-hour teacher training, it wasn't because I wanted to be a teacher. I'm much too selfish for that. I want to learn how to sequence poses together so I could practice at home so I wouldn't have to pay for yoga classes any more. (I'm selfish AND a cheapskate, what can I say?)

Anyway, I finished my teacher training, I worked at a yoga magazine where I took classes for 5 years, and I STILL do not have a home practice. I just... don't. I know many poses inside and out. I know how to sequence and build up to advanced poses. I have all the best props. I have access to a TON of great yoga DVDs, podcasts, and iPhone aps. I KNOW how to practice on my own...

But I can't DO it! I don't know why. But I haven't ever been able to carve out the time, unroll my mat, and get to business. I'll practice some poses here and there, but it's not a REAL home practice.

Anyway, it's been two weeks since I've been to a yoga class, and I haven't practiced more than 15 minutes at a time even once! It's so FRUSTRATING! Lately, I spend more time thinking and writing about yoga than actually DOING it!

Am I the only one with this problem?

OK.. I'm going to go practice now. By myself. Ask me later how it went, so I can't wiggle out of it, OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment